1. Daffodil Tea 30/3/2017: Will be held this year in the afternoon only. Pupils will have an earlier lunch, set-up to start at 12:45 for 13:30 start. P4-P7’s will be in charge of entertainment and invitations are being sent out to all local elderly groups (Befrienders, Churches, Care homes etc.). If anyone from the school community knows of any elderly people who would benefit from coming please spread the word to them. The school will text parents of P4-P7 pupils to ask for help with setup on the day. Teas and Coffees will be provided by the PTA (LM), school will ask for homebaking donations from entire school. LM will source banqueting roll/ table cloths. ES in charge of sourcing tables. Entertainment will consist of the Choir with Mr. Heft performing 3 songs, the upper school will do a number, P6’s will do samba drumming, P4+5’s will present different aspects of the Americas as part of their topic on global citizenships.
2. Easter egg decorating competition: deadline for entries will be on the Wednesday after returning from school holidays, 19/4/2017. Potential judges are Brian from the Eco store and Yolanda from the cake shop. LM to ask for their participation and will give an update. Judges to arrive for competition at 9:30am on the day.
3. No date set for next meeting.
PTA Minute of Meeting – 20 October 2015
As you know, the PTA held its annual Christmas fayre last Thursday night. The Christmas fayre is always the most successful event in our fundraising calendar, and this year was no exception! We have raised around £980 from the night, so thank you to all who supported us. A huge thank you to the staff and children, who helped out on the night, and behind the scenes, to the choir, who steal the show every year with their performance, to all who came along to help on the night and those who helped to set up in the afternoon, and to all who donated tombola prizes and home baking, without support from the school community events like these would not be possible. Thank you!
Minutes of Meeting 14th May 2014
Lindsey McPhail – Chairperson, Julie Henderson, Fiona Campbell, Claire Walker, Shirley Wylie, Sylvia Clark, Ailsa Crofts, Elaine Stewart, Alison Johnston, Christine Lambert & Keith Murphy.
1. £1,363 in Bank.
2. Leavers dance to be planned with Primary 7’s and Alison Johnston. More details to follow. There are 33 leavers.
3. Calculators to be purchased from Toytastic.
4. £710 to be given for school trips.
5. P.A. System for school to be considered in future.
6. P1 Induction Day 4th June @ 1.30pm. Table with P.T.A and Parent Council to be present.
7. Commonwealth Concert 24th June – P.T.A not required to do anything for this. Possible raffle for P.T.A funds.
–:Meeting 16th September 2014 @ 7pm
Lindsey McPhail – Chairperson, Elaine Stewart, Claire Walker – Secretary, Mel Drummond – Treasurer, Julie Henderson, Chris Barrett, Keith Murphy, Christine Lambert & Ailsa Crofts.
Pauline Beautyman, Shirley Wylie, Iona MacFarlane, Sylvia Clark, Maxine Simione, Alison Johnston & Senga Wakefield.
Election of Office:-
Lindsey McPhail to continue as Chairperson. Mel Drummond – Resigned as Treasurer. Claire Walker resigned as Secretary and appointed Treasurer & Chris Barrett appointed Secretary.
P.T.A. Have had a very successful year. Lots of fundraising through bags, towels, fashion show, film night, christmas fair etc which has funded halloween parties, christmas parties, painted playground etc…..money well spent.
Elaine and Lindsey to have a look at the signatories for the cheque books and add on Claire Walker as one.
Organise the Halloween Disco for Thursday 30th October. P4-7 (160 pupils). Elaine to contact Steven re DJ for the night. Normally pay him £20. Apples (220) required from Raes, will ask Shirley to contact Rae’s. Doughnuts required – Morrisons normally supply. Chris Barrett is going to contact Blacks Bakers this year – failing them donating we will contact Morrisons.
Will will need to purchase ‘Feely Box’ & ‘Best Costume’ prizes.
Staff to be asked what they would like to help with before asking parents. Parent helpers will be needed for this night.
Dilute juice, crisps, tea and coffee to be purchased.
Plastic cups in cupboard, double check before we purchase more.
7pm – 9pm. ALL DRESS UP!! 🙂 Tickets – Pay £1 on the night.
Teachers to be asked about prizes for each class.
Date for Christmas Fair – Thursday 27th November. (Provisional) Check with Sylvia.
Possible fundraising/Coffee Morning – Welcome for New Parents to School.
Shop window Treasure Trail idea or Children’s Artwork Display.
Saturday 8th November. (Provisional)
Christmas Card – school fundraising company. Kids draw a picture, send off to be made into christmas cards, parents buy the cards in packs. Pack given to Elaine.
Fish & Chip Night/ quiz – save for later date.
Ailsa suggested possible fundraising idea – film nativity, burn to DVD and sell to parents. All based on parental consent.
Next meeting tbc.
Easter Egg Competition – 1st April 2015 – The PTA will be judging the amazing creative eggs the pupils make and award prizes!